Employment Discrimination Lawyer In Claremont
California Workers Have Extensive Rights. We Can Help You Enforce Them.
Despite all of the awareness, education and training surrounding the matter, employment discrimination is still a prevalent problem in workplaces in Claremont and across Southern California. Discrimination has actually become more subtle and more difficult to prove in many situations, which is why it is absolutely vital that you have an attorney who knows employment law.
Are you paid differently, treated unfairly or have suffered an adverse employment action based on a protected class? We can help you put an end to discriminatory actions.
At The Law Office of Scott Ernest Wheeler, we focus exclusively on helping employees like you enforce state and federal laws that provide protection. We know how to pinpoint factual issues and have an intimate understanding of these complex laws.
Protected Classes Designated By State And Federal Law
You are afforded wide protection from illegal discrimination and harassment, whether actual or perceived, based on membership of a protected class designated under state and federal laws. State laws are governed by the California Government Code and regulated or enforced by the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing.
We handle discrimination matters that deal with hiring, firing, demotions, promotions and other unfair treatment of individuals under laws, including:
- Title VII of the federal Civil Rights Act and state law prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender and national origin
- State law prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation
- State law prohibiting discrimination based on marital status, including both same and opposite gender relationships
- The federal Equal Pay Act and the California Equal Pay Act requiring that men and women be paid equal compensation for equal work
- The federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibiting discrimination based on age
- Americans with Disability Act prohibiting age discrimination
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act prohibiting discrimination based on genetic information or characteristics such as cancer in an employee’s individual health record and family medical history
Put A Stop To Discriminatory Actions With Our Help
Discrimination is often disguised under legitimate or non-discriminatory reasons for disparate or unfair treatment. You do not have to uncover discriminatory actions on your own. We will take care of the legal details; you simply have to schedule an appointment with our lawyer to get the process started.